Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Yellow Belt Promotion

After about a month of jumping, kicking, kata, and self-defense techniques, Becky and I are ready to receive our yellow belts. The belt promotion ceremony will be held at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, October 24th, at the Apollo Dance and Recreation Center located at 50 Church St. #E in American Fork.

The katas that we need to have learned are Taikyoku Shodan, Taikyoku Nidan, and Taikyoku Sandan. We also need to be able to perform several self-defense techniques such as Repeating Wings, Wild Crushing Hammer, Halting Ram, Halting Mace, Circling Wings, and Reverse Circling Wings. I'm not sure what kicks we might be asked to do, but we have learned some pretty fun combinations.

This has been great exercise for me, and something I've kind of wanted to do since I was little, so it's nice to be advancing and feeling like the hard work and practice is paying off.